Friday, May 8, 2009

Kelly's corner Linky Party (Living room)





I love my living room. I love used things, loved by someone else, adopted and loved by me too.

My rug came from my neighbor’s front porch. It’s where my Kid2 and her best next door neighbor friend spent so much time swapping secrets and laughing their guts out.

The table under the white tablecloth was found at a little antique store with BatGirl for a super cheap price- we fell in love with it. We gutted it and made it a made it into a TV cabinet for Kid4.

My couches came from a college girl who was selling them to buy new furniture and we happily helped her out of them.

The art work on the little side table that was my Great Grandmas dresser is the work of Kid2. My lamps were found on the side of the road for 6 dollars at a little yard sale and I LOVED them once we repurposed them.

I’m not 100% thrilled with the “black dresser” wall. That dresser holds our VHS tapes- yeah we’re behind the time. That wall needs a small cute chair with animal print on the seat and a too die for lamp on the dresser… still working on it. I do love though- the kids art work hanging with my favorite painting. I LOVE all kid’s art work…

Thanks for looking at my living room.

You are welcome to look at my blog, learn about my family and hear my stories and daily musings about life with 4 kids and all the things I adore, and even some I don’t.

8 comments:

lagirl said...

Love the door over the sofa.
Great look!

Alphabet Soup Momma said...

I know it has already been said, but I do love the door on the wall! You have a beautiful home! I always love a good bargain!

Reid said...

Ohhh myyyy goodnesss...I LOVE the blue door hung on the wall!!! I am ALL about odd things, changed and placed around a room. When we do our bedrooms, you'll have to ck mine out. We did the same with two old doors we got at His House (know what that is?) for $15 each. And they are now hung like yours, above our bed as a headboard. Crystal door knobs and all....stay tuned! Great room-thanks for sharing!

Dee said...

Great room!

I love old things too, but I am not as creative as you in using them different ways.

Kether said...

Omigosh I love it!
and the door over the sofa is beautiful and such a pretty pop of color!

Thanks for inviting me in! =)

Unknown said...

I love your house! :-) old things are the coolest!

Ashley said...

Thanks guys!

I got the door idea from the Nester, she's a decorating genius! I love her ideas! I loved the way it gave my room the color it needed and all for just 20 dollars! Worth every dollar!

I'm working my way through all the living rooms on the linky party this weekend and still going strong today. I can't wait to see each and every one!

Carri said...

The door on the wall is so cool! I so want to do that now! Thanks for sharing!