Tuesday, February 24, 2009

frame those creative kids

These beautiful works of art are- Kid1 the war Turkey, Kid2 the glittery tree painting, Kid4 the scribbles of a two year old and Kid3 the leprechan near his gumball treehouse.

Do you love your kid’s art? Don’t you love it when kids start drawing? I was so excited when my kids drew their first things. The most memorable artist is Kid3, his first drawing was a porcupine and then a jelly fish. I loved these little drawings, they were so cute, we all patted him on the head and told him how cute he is and how cute these were so of course he drew thousands of them.

My kid’s art is something that I cherish, as they grew I have kept just about everything they have drawn and written. I framed some of them and hung them with my favorite painting so everyone can see their little drawings done so carefully and carelessly at the same time on construction paper. I can close my eyes and just see their little knees bent to reach the table coloring furiously away a stack of paper, so intently documenting their little innocent thoughts on paper for me to frame and look back on later….

I love frames, I love kid’s art and I love framing kid’s art.

What do you think?




4 comments:

Amanda said...

Love this idea! Supercute and your kids must be so proud when they see them!

Shannon said...

I love seeing kid's art framed. Looks great!

Jill said...

This is a really cute idea and I love how you framed them in pretty gold frames. I should do this! My kids would love to see their things hanging.

Peggy said...

I soooooo want to do this! You are a very talented lady...now we see where your children get it!