Friday, May 8, 2009

I miss her

Have you ever missed someone so badly you ached to your bones, to the very depth of your soul? Missed someone so much it hurt? I was looking through pictures tonight and I saw my sweet Grammie and it made me miss her more. I didn't even think it was possible to miss her more than I already do.





I miss her face

Her skin

Her hands

Her funny smiles

Her smell

Her sweaters

Her kleenexes tucked into her sleeve

Her everything
I love you Gram
do you miss someone?

1 comment:

Peggy said...

Your grandmother must have been a very special lady.

I sometimes miss my dad the way you describe. I never really appreciated him when he was of sound mind....I was just a little girl....but now that I'm older, I would love to hear the stories that bored me to tears when I was 9 and under. I feel that Alzheimer's robbed me of my childhood. *sigh*