Tuesday, May 26, 2009

project brother staircase


I am working on a new project. Im so excited to be working on it. About a month ago, I had this idea... My girls are upstairs and my boys are downstairs so I wanted to hang two pictures in each staircase as you walk up or down with a quote above the pictures. The quotes were 50 dollars a piece so I decided to paint them myself. Mr. B. printed them for me, I used carbon paper and transferred it to the wall and then got busy painting...

Im very close to being done with the boys and I am starting the girls tomorow. All thats missing are the pictures in the frames. I'm so excited!

What do you think? I already know what pictures I am putting in the frames- have to order them.
Ps- girl quote will be going up the stairs and boy quote will be going down the stairs, you know boys downstairs and girls up...? make sense?

3 comments:

Peggy said...

You are so clever! I always look forward to your blog posts. I've done the same thing with the lettering, only mine is on a sign I made that was first created in my head. I'd been thinking about the sign for a long time before I actually made it. Then after it was made and hanging over my door, I discovered one quite similar to mine in a catalog. Someone is always stealing my ideas and making their fortune off them. LOL

Life In Oh-me-haw said...

That looks great!!!! I love it!

wabisabigirl said...

That looks SO good!! I wish I had taken pictures all around your house...I was so inspired by everything you'd done...my mother in law kept saying, "I never would have thought to hang a door on the wall, but it looked good!" :) I can't believe you hand painted that...I have some work for you to do around my house with a steady hand like that!! Soon I'll be able to post pics of London's room...it's almost "done". (if things ever are truly DONE)...