Tuesday, August 18, 2009


Chicken pox was good to us this time around!

My older children had the pox when they were babies and poor Kid1 was COVERED! Kids 2 and 3 shortly followed and also had the chicken pox but not nearly as bad as Kid1.

When we left for Colorado Kid2 gave Kid4 a quick shower and off we went. When we stopped that night… errrrrr….. early the next morning to rest our weary heads I changed Kid4 into her nightgown and noticed she had some bumps on her tummy- weird.

We were too tired to really investigate any further. We slept.

The next morning when I dressed Kid4 in her little travelling dress I noticed more little bumps on her tummy-weird. I wondered for a minute if it had been a spider… I’m deathly afraid of spiders so I dismissed it as weird. I was in denial. (remember from this post how I love denial?)

We loaded up in St. Louis and headed onward to Colorado Springs, excited about seeing our Big Girl and our friends and family there. In Kansas Bat Girl and I were talking and I mentioned the bumps and wondered if it were possible that they were chicken pox… we shrugged not knowing and drove on.

Halfway through Kansas I looked back in the rearview at all my kiddlings tucked into the car with headphones on and blankets wrapped around them all quiet and settled in I noticed Kid4 had taken off her dress…. She had about 30 new little bumps on her tummy and chest. I told Bat Girl to look back at her and we both looked at each other and laughed and said “chicken pox”.

That was that.

We rolled into Colorado Springs, went to the Dr. and had a confirmation.

Chicken pox it was.

Lets just say it made for an even more interesting trip.

1 comment:

wabisabigirl said...

I need the chicken pox up here! On another note, today London wanted to play "London & B" with me. I was London and she was "B":)