Monday, August 17, 2009

Happy birthday Baby boy, I love you to infinity and beyond!


Once upon a time 13 years ago I held the squishiest, cuddliest baby boy in my arms and nuzzled him for hours and hours. I held him tight because I knew as the youngest of three I may not get to cuddle him as much once we got home.

Many months before I knew I was pregnant with him I had the strangest experience with a sparrow. Normally birds don’t flock to me but on this particular day as I walked to my house from my car a sparrow jumped onto my head and then my shoulder and WOULD NOT leave me. It hopped all over and even came inside with me. I had to shoooo it off me outside. It jumped onto me for a few days non stop; I started feeling like I couldn’t leave the house. A neighbor asked if I were pregnant saying that a sparrow on your shoulder means your pregnant.

Unbeknownst to me, I was pregnant with the most darling little boy you will ever meet. He exceeds the expectations of a son and person. He is amazing and passionate in everything that he does and I adore him!

As we left the hospital August 18th the day after he was born one kid walked one way, the other walked the other way, Kid3 lay in our full arms and Mr. B. and I looked at each other in a bit of a panic wondering if just maybe 3 was one too many? They outnumbered us now, but little did we know this little darling baby boy would be the easiest baby ever. He was easy to feed, slept like a champ and was not demanding at all. He was honestly perfect!

Fast forward 13 years

He wakes up everyday with a smile on his face; he honestly is the nicest person I have ever met. He is so genuine, real and honest. I am honored to be his mother and can’t believe that God chose him for me. What a gift he has been to us.

Dear Kid3
You utterly amaze me by your honesty and passion for whatever it is you are doing. You bring the most amazing energy to the room just by walking in. You have been the cuddliest, most loving and warm person I have ever met. I am honored daily that God chose me for you. As I watch you grow, I hope you know I love you more than I could have ever imagined loving anyone. I hope you know that I think you are as perfect as anyone can be. I hope you know that as you leave us next year for school that I will miss you to the very depths of my being every single day, but I know it's right for you. You bring me joy that is beyond description. I love you my son, my baby. I love you to infinity and beyond forever and ever and ever...

3 comments:

wabisabigirl said...

Happy Birthday!!!! Hope he has a very special day!

Brandi said...

Happy Birthday Kid3!! BTW, your kids have the best strawberry-blond hair! I just love it.

JackSprat said...

Happy birthday my boy...Love Dad.