Friday, August 14, 2009

wedding cakes, stress and one happy girl!


I made this cake for darling "Big Girl's" wedding...

I wasn't at all stressed about it because she is so NOT a bridezilla! She was the perfect bride, I have known her for so long and knew she would be happy with however the cake came out. She is so much deeper than most, she is into the the thought of it. Oh' I love her!

So... I wasn't stressed about the cake. I didn't start it until Saturday at about 11. (the wedding was at 2) I decided to do the cake in our hotel room, and I wasn't stressed.

Others surrounding me were getting a little stressed. I wasn't stressed though- I swear.

I got busy on the cake - it just wasn't turning out the way I had pictured. I wasn't stressed though, really I wasn't!

The bottom was giving me a hard time, so I moved to the top and it came out better... I scraped the bottom and started over. Others were getting their hair done, showering.... STILL NOT STRESSED!

UNTIL...
this happened on the way to the wedding in Bat Girls lap....

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay... so I started to get a little stressed at this point. I knew I could fix it... but a falling apart wedding cake 10 minutes before the wedding can bring some stress even to the strong hearted, of which I am NOT!

Anyway... long story short I did fix the cake, it came out beautiful and my sweet sweet "Big girl" loved it!

A happy girl, my friends is all that matters!

2 comments:

Brandi said...

Before even reading, when I saw the picture, I immediately noticed the cake and thought it was beautiful! Wow! . . . And you weren't stressed a tiny bit? I'm glad you were able to fix it! :)

wabisabigirl said...

That was a beautiful cake!! I would have been SO stressed!!!