Sunday, August 9, 2009

fairy, fairy wonderful

this pic was last time we saw each other

When I was a little girl I had a very special friend who also happened to be my cousin Sara. Her and I spent hours playing “fairies”. I wish I had pictures of us in our ballet outfits and wings.

As a child I never really felt like I “fit in”, I was more sensitive than other kids and I worried terribly about others. When I was with Sara I could be myself, we laughed, talked, played babies and dress up. She was my best friend when I was little and I loved her dearly.



One day she was just gone. She was out of my life. I use to listen to the song Sara by Starship and cry for her. I use to beg and plead with God to just let me see her one more time.

The years seperated Sara and I but somehow even through miles, death and a very hard life we have clung together. I ADORE her!

We don’t see each other often but keep up now through phone calls, texting, and emails. A few years ago I had the opportunity to see her and when I laid eyes on her it was truly magical. I could barely take my eyes off of her; she was just as beautiful as I remembered. The moment was magical.

Today I get the opportunity to see her again! Today I get to put my arms around this cousin, a best friend and a memory keeper of our childhood. I hope I can let go, I hope I don’t stuff her into my pocket and take her home… I might… we could play fairies again and be carefree.

What I wouldn’t give for her to be carefree….

My dear Sara, my fairy cousin, I love you.

No comments: