Friday, July 31, 2009

flying monkeys bowling and the childrens museum ALL packed into a few days!

I haven’t had time to blog about my fun friend Linda coming to visit. I ended up being sick while she was here and was pretty grouchy but we had a good time in spite of me!

There are a few things you should know about my fun friend Linda before I even start talking about her.
*************************************************************************
Dictionary.com’s definition
Linda [Lin-duh]
Noun, a female given name meaning “pretty”

My definition
Linda [Lin-duh]
Noun, a female who loves cheese and sushi (not necessarily together, not necessarily NOT together).
Verb, a busy female who is in charge of playgroup and many children including a brilliant curly haired darling.
*************************************************************************
I met Linda many years ago when my Kid4 was a little baby. Linda liked me but didn’t understand my quirks and behaviors. She always invited me to playgroup at her house and I often declined due to my not so social awkwardness.

After years and years of persistence (on her part) Linda has become a very good friend of mine and she packed her 3 kids up and friend of Kid2’s to come and visit us ALL THE WAY in Georgia. Now THATS a friend!

I make the drive to Mt. Perfect often, but I love to drive, most people can’t do it and enjoy it at the same time.

She teased me about the drive not actually being 13 hours but I don’t dilly dally… it took her almost 16. Here’s the cold hard truth. Linda stopped at the mall AND many other times to stretch! It was hard to convince her that it was really only 13 hours even counting gas stops. I think she probably secretly stopped for cheese a few too many times!

We had an action packed week full of fun kid stuff. Remember how I posted our schedule here? (I really should be a cruise ship director) we we’re able to do about everything we had planned and had a great time.

Here are the pictures to prove it.

No comments: