Thursday, January 22, 2009

teens and dreams



Today I’m wondering what in the world I am going to do with THIS teenage girl? WHAT I beg you, WHAT?!

How in the world am I supposed to raise a teenage girl? How in the world did she grow up so fast? When did she stop giggling that little girl laugh? When did she stop wearing rubber boots with her little flowery dresses? When did she stop dressing her little dollies up and having tea parties with them? When did she trade her little purple strappy shoes for converse and high heels?

When did she start wanting an IPod instead of a my twinn doll for Holidays? When did the simplest littlest things stop thrilling her? When did she start wanting the interest of boys instead of her very own Daddy?

Oh my how time flies- oh dear how this breaks my heart! Oh please pray for me, I want her to turn out perfectly, knowing God, being kind to others, loving herself and trusting herself and it turns out that this whole transaction is harder than I originally thought it would be!

Seriously PRAY hard!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

What a sweet family you have!

Ashley said...

Thank you Jessica. Kids are the spice of life Im pretty sure!

wabisabigirl said...

You're making me cry:(

Ashley said...

Oh Steph- watching them grow up is the most rewarding and also the most heartbreaking times of life.