Friday, January 2, 2009

a puzzling new year


What is your new year tradition? Do you party like it's..... well you know? Do you spend it with friends or family? Do you spend it alone in the quiet?


Our family has always done a puzzle and spent it together and as we have grown older I insist that my kids are home- off the streets, and doing a puzzle at home with us. I know it sounds lame but it's a nice to start the new year doing what you hope to do a lot of the rest of the year and to me that means spending the new year doing something calm and all together.


I waited till the last minute to pick a puzzle this year and so Bat Girl and I ran out last minute to get our puzzle and there was really not a lot to choose from. There was the Obama puzzle- I don't like doing puzzles of people. There was the puzzle of arctic animals- they were almost all white and I felt like it would be too hard. The only other one to chose was a puzzle of a painting left over from Black Heritage month. It seemed like it was good for the kids, and something that we would enjoy. It looked like a good one and not super hard so we grabbed it.


Here's the thing- the picture on the front of the box was not exactally the same as the actual puzzle. The picture says it all I'm sure and my kids were dying of embarassment and laughter as it sat on my table for 3 days while we finished it! This puzzle was hard and inappropraite. Im hoping that my new year won't be hard and inappropriate! We'll see!


Happy new year friends, I hope your turns out to be exactally what you dream of!


No comments: