Saturday, January 31, 2009

My nest is best… (or good enough for me!)






Today we got super busy repurposing our hutch and buffet. I have wanted to get rid of it lately because I’m not in love with it anymore but I just can’t part with it. We bought this piece of furniture when we were very young and it was one of the first things we bought together and I’m nostalgic! I’ve wanted to paint it, sell it, throw it out the window- but there it sat day after day begging me to do SOMETHING!


We did it and I love it. I love repurposing old furniture, old frames, old windows, doors- ANYTHING!


I’m posting the before and after and also the dining room wall. The wall is NOT orange but it looks like in this picture. I’ll try more pictures tomorrow and see if I can get a true color picture.


Mr. B. worked so hard today, he painted while I sanded. I could have never done this without him he carries, paints, unhinges, de-glasses and puts it all back together for me- Thanks Mr. B you’re one in a million!


**OKay seriously I just realized that the "BEFORE" word on my picture didn't show up right... aarrgghh! I'm not going back to fix it because I know you know it says "BEFORE"**

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love stuff like this too, it makes me feel so productive, lol! :)

wabisabigirl said...

I love it! It looks great!

The Nester said...

It looks stunning!

Ashley said...

Thanks girls! I am so happy with the result. The whole hutch and buffet project cost less than 20 dollars if you can believe it!

Peggy said...

Wow, what a difference! I think it looks so classy.