Monday, January 26, 2009

A Monday miracle


A miracle happened to me tonight. I know it may sound crazy to some of you but this is what happened.

My oldest son, Kid1 wanted to go out with some friends tonight and I usually say yes to Kid1 because he has never done anything to make me not trust him (that I know of anyway). He and his friends hang out doing 16 year old boy things, building cars out of power wheels and racing them I know it seems stupid- but I really don’t mind it’s not a bad thing.

So tonight he wanted to meet his friends at 8:30 and he would be home by ten but I was feeling very uneasy about the whole thing. I just had one of those bad mother feelings. I hated to say no because it was a silly thing to say no to and we were almost where he was going to meet his friends. I asked God in my head to please give us a way out of this. I asked him to please just cancel the whole thing. I wasn’t really sure what to ask for but I just asked for what I knew. Two seconds after my prayer Kid1’s friend called and said they decided not to go out tonight and that he was so sorry.

Kid1 felt so bad because we had driven ten minutes from home and all I could do was smile HUGE, give a little laugh out loud and tell him it was no problem. I kept smiling and he asked me why I was smiling and I told him about my prayer. He smiled because he believes in miracles too!

God DOES answer prayers- he does, even simple ones. Just try it, just ask him!
Thank you God for this miracle and all the others you have granted me!
**this is Kid1 holding Kid4 4 years ago**

No comments: