Tuesday, January 13, 2009

moving madness!


I went to bed early and now I’m up late… why does that happen?


I spend all the time I have to myself, you know the shower, the occasional time I can go to the bathroom alone, the few minutes I fall asleep- thinking about how to decorate this new house. I think I’m obsessed! The walls are much taller in this house. Am I going to hang everything too low? You know how you visit some people’s houses and they tend to have everything WAY too high? I am a low hanger- I like things at eye level. Tall walls could equal disaster for me! I lay in bed thinking about those tall walls and keep telling myself that I will be fine, the walls and I will come to an agreement about what to hang on them if anything at all in the tall spots.
Moving is such madness. I think I’m going mad!


Dear old house,
We have certainly enjoyed the warmth and shelter you have provided this last year but we must move onto a bigger floor plan. You’ll love your new family, they will probably be quieter, certainly less messy and probably have fewer kids.


Dear old neighbors,
I can’t say that I will miss the grouchiness or the keeping a constant eye on my teenage daughter because your son is so “cute”. I can’t say that I’ll miss your mood swings and daily changing of your rules- yes they can play at the basketball courts- no they can’t leave the yard- weird rules! I doubt I’ll miss that when you drive by and my little girl waves so sweetly at you that you totally ignore her and never wave back. You probably didn’t know that she almost never interacts with strangers and to wave at you is a big deal for her. When kids wave- WAVE BACK! I doubt I’ll miss your HUGE 80’s hair, the damage you must be doing to the ozone and your many strange habits… but I have been wrong before.


Dear security gate,
I won’t miss you. I know that you work relentlessly day in and day out never failing to open for me but I don’t really think your deterring anyone. Sorry that you have to work so hard for nothing.


Dear mailbox,
I have longed for you to be closer when we’re trotting through the rain to collect your insides; I don’t really see missing you.


Dear park across the street,
You provided hours of fun for my kids and for this I appreciate you! You would have to twist my arm to say that I will miss your sand in my carpets. I will miss your slide and the hours of entertainment you have provided my kids.


Dear neighborhood pool,
I will miss you but not nearly as much as my kids will. They loved your refreshing cool water in the heat of summer. You met their ever growing summer needs and for this I love you!


Dear other neighbor,
I have never met you or seen you but you are a dream neighbor and the quietest neighbor anyone could ever hope for. I hope you get a quiet neighbor to replace us- you deserve it!


Dear readers,
Aren’t you sweet for reading this boring post? Thank you! Hopefully I’ll have more great things to write in the new house. We are moving in Thursday and hope to have our computers up and running on Friday. Pray that I don’t go any more mad….

No comments: