Wednesday, September 30, 2009

a slippery slope


This is a blog that I didn’t want to write. It’s not a terrible thing, but not a fun day. I’m here in the hospital when I really should be knee deep in laundry, dinner, and kids.

As you know I had lap band surgery in March but don’t make a practice of blogging about it. As you know I’ve struggled with it quite a lot. As you know I’m also an incurable optimist!

I have had problems with my lap band since June and now I finally know why. After months and months of throwing up, so much pain and way too much frustration to explain we have an answer. Folks, we have band slippage! I’ve known something was wrong for months and to save your eyes from all the reading, I will spare you the whole story and just tell you that I’m about to get a lot better because I am going into surgery tomorrow to have it fixed. So here I am at the hospital waiting to get my band fixed tomorrow. And I might just mention that I am on pain medication so please forgive me for not making sense, I have to think REALLY hard to get these thoughts out of my head.

It’s weird to be in the hospital away from my kids. It’s weird to have a quiet room and my very own T.V. It’s weird to not hear the pitter patter of little and big feet getting ready for bed. My Mom said I should look at it like a mini vacation, I laughed because it’s true.

I’ve been on the phone with the kids working on dinner for tomorrow night, lunches while I’m in the hospital and I don’t even want to think about breakfast for the kids, it looks like cereal for a few days at our house!

This is what’s going through my head-
-lunches were made Saturday, all that has to be added are the cold things (CHECK)
-I put dinner in the oven before I left for the hospital this morning so dinner tonight (CHECK)
-hot dogs in the fridge so dinner for tomorrow (CHECK)
-grocery shopping done over the weekend (CHECK)
-bathrooms cleaned yesterday (CHECK)
-vacuuming done yesterday (CHECK)
-house in order when I left (CHECK)
-house in order when I get home (QUESTIONABLE)

Bat Girl is staying home with the kids (I’m having surgery in Atlanta). Mr. B. is going to be my faithful and trusty sidekick till I break outta here Thursday. The Big Kids are holding down the fort so to speak by helping out, each one has a mission while I’m gone. Kid1 is in charge of keeping things picked up and the kitchen. Kid2 is in charge of meals and Kid4, Kid3 is in charge of bathrooms and trash and Kid4 is in charge of making all the messes! Me, I’m in charge of resting, being cut open and then resting again. Mr. B. is in charge of pacing while I’m in surgery and making all the phone calls. Bat Girls in charge of running everyone around- dance, work, school and “we’re out of milk”- you know how it goes!

Anyway please say a little prayer for me tomorrow if you don’t mind. I’m sure I’ll be back to blogging soon my friends.

Thanks, I *HEART* my blogging buddies!’

4 comments:

Elizabeth Mahlou said...

I think it is amazing that you are blogging the night before your surgery! Good luck and prayers for your speedy recovery and maintained optimism!

Brandi said...

Hey girl, I'm glad that they figured out what was wrong and there will be relief. Stinks to be in the hospital, though. Hang in there. Definitely will be saying a prayer for you! Don't worry, those sweet kids of yours will take care of what they're supposed to.

Get better! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Momma! *someones car alarm went off at 430 so Im up a bit early entertaining myself with your always wonderful blog! We miss you so much, and we hope all goes well today with the surgery. Things are going really well, and actually fairly clean! lol surprise surprise! I got this!!! *MOMMY #2 TO THE RESCUE!* (But we'd rather it be you!!! tehe!)
Love and miss you!
-Kid2

wabisabigirl said...

I haven't been online for a few days and just saw this! Hope your surgery went well yesterday! Sorry you've been so sick:(