Thursday, September 3, 2009

making your own heaven


Do you have your own slice of paradise that you have created for yourself (using what God gave you of course)?

Do you enjoy gardening, the love of animals and filling your body with things you have grown, nurtured and prepared with your own two hands?

Yesterday Bat Girl and I spent a most wonderful day at Lacy and Josh Razor's farm and enjoyed a little simple living with my friend Lacy from Razor Family Farms.

I knew Lacy was sweet by her love of animals and children. Her kind soft words are always welcoming in my ear but meeting her in person and spending a day with her was beyond a wonderful experience. Lacy has created her own safe haven, a place for animals, children and a breath of fresh air.

Bat girl and I, mostly me because Bat Girl is not a chicken cuddler or a goat milker, milked Lacy’s gorgeous goat, cuddled her dazzling chickens, danced with the Marilynn Monroe of Golden Retrievers and nuzzled her purrrrfect little kitten. We had a day of rest, laughing and pampering all in one.

Lacy cooked the most amazing lunch for us and spoiled us all afternoon. She made homemade mozzarella with fresh from the garden tomatos and basil- we ate it all and almost licked the plate clean. She made us homemade cheesecake from goat’s milk and it was divine. We had a lovely time and spent the whole day impressed by her hard work and amazed by her small farming ideas and how she has put them all to use.

Lacy is amazingly sweet, her heart and soul are golden and if you get a minute or two in West Georgia you should stop by Razor family farms and be amazed by her ingenuity! If you’re not in West Georgia just visit her site and buy some goats milk soap- it’s glorious- I used it last night!

5 comments:

Brandi said...

Looks like y'all had a good time! :)

RazorFamilyFarms.com said...

Awww, thank you!!! What lovely things to say and you didn't mention my wild and crazy eye once or how I was vacuuming when you arrived!!!! lol

I can't begin to tell you how much I enjoyed meeting you both. You were sweet and lovely and welcome here any time.

Blessings,
Lacy

Fay said...

HI Ashley
I found your blog through Lacy's.Yes she is so divine. I have been reading your archives for about an hour and have cried and recoived with you. You are a wonderful writer and funny too. Your children are very lucky to have you (and Mr B) too.
Looking forward to more instalments.
Ahh if only you lived down the road I would visit in a heartbeat.

Fay said...

Hmm so excited typed to fast. Should have said Rejoiced!!!

Holly said...

Sounds like fun, and I'm not even a farm-type of person! :P