Thursday, September 24, 2009

pure kindness





Remember when I blogged about meeting Lacy from Razor family farms? Remember how I said how nice she was and how we instantly connected?

I’m not even sure how to tell a story about such a sincere gesture, I’m not sure I can put into words the kindness that Lacy showed me while she was in Hawaii on HER vacation. There is just no way to express what she did for me and how I love and appreciate her for it.

When I visited Lacy a few weeks ago we talked about a million things and she shared with me how she was going to Hawaii to visited her sweet husband Josh and I shared with her how I grew up there and how my nephew had died there and how we missed him more than we could say.

She emailed me before she left and wondered if I would like her to take a note to his road side memorial. I have never been able to go back and I have always wanted to stand there and think about him while the warm wind blew over my face, the salt air filled my nose and the sound of waves comforted me. I have wanted to stand there in front of the place where he took his last breath and think of that little local boy, remembering how I cuddled him as an infant and watched him build sand castles as a preschooler. I want to be there, I want to witness it for myself.

I took her up on her offer and wrote him a letter and emailed it to her with strict instructions that if she could not find it (after all it’s nanakuli) to just let it go in the wind near a beach because he was a local boy, he would get my message, I just knew it. I couldn’t imagine that she would have time.

She found the time, she delivered my note and there will never be enough words to thank her. In this world there are a few people like Lacy Razor and I am forever thankful to her for her kindness.

1 comment:

RazorFamilyFarms.com said...

You are a blessing to me, too. I wrote a longer comment on your FB page but I just wanted you to know.

I'm currently sitting in New Mexico at the airport hoping to get a flight out to Atlanta this morning after having no success attempting to fly out of Salt Lake City yesterday. This has been such an adventure!

Apple, the pregnant goat, will give birth any day now and I am hoping to get back home in time to be there when it happens. Please say a little prayer that I can get home in time. :)

In friendship,
Lacy