Monday, September 7, 2009

a lovely Laboring day


What do you do on Labor Day? We usually hang out together, do something special or do nothing at all. It’s nice to do nothing. Most days are filled with school, dance, football, working, cooking, cleaning and just general everyday chores but THIS day, this day I hope will be full of nothingness….. Of course I’m cooking, doing a little cleaning and the girls DO have dance but let’s pretend it’s nothing okay!

Today I’m making ribs, baked beans, buttermilk biscuits, banana pudding and individual cobblers for dinner. Today Mr. B. and I took Kid4 to Wal-Mart and I sprayed her directly in the eye with silly string. Today we rushed her to the bathroom to flush out her eye. Today she chose a little toy and paid for it with her own money from a little pink wallet while I felt like a D-O-G for spraying her in the eye with silly string. Today Mr. B. and Kid4 washed my truck and had a great time doing it. Today we had to go BACK to the store for onions and charcoal. Today we took the girls to tumbling AND dance.Today we prepared for the coming week ahead.

Today my friends, we labored but we loved it, because we were laboring together. Would that be considered a “labor of love”…?

Pictures to follow…

1 comment:

Brandi said...

That's a busy labor day indeed (and it's barely after lunch)! Sprayed Kid4 in the eye with silly string?!! Oh no! :)