Sunday, September 6, 2009

Happy Easter....ERRRRRR...... egg day?


It was little like Easter Sunday around here today minus the bunny and all baskets.

Kid4 had a big idea this morning when she woke up. She said after church that she wanted to color eggs and I must confess I really didn’t want too. I don’t know why, it’s not a big deal- boil some eggs, add some color, bada- bing, bada-boom. Done deal, colored eggs.

So this afternoon after putting it off and being lazy all afternoon she reminded me about our mock Easter plans and off to the kitchen we went. We had a great time coloring eggs, experimenting with color combinations and laughing over the smell of boiled eggs and vinegar.

We had a wonderful time, made a great snack and enjoyed a bunny-less “Easter”.


P.S. When this egg came out of the colored water she said "Well look here at this little brown beauty" I laughed, I just love what 5 year olds say!

2 comments:

Brandi said...

You are such a good mom! I would have said noooooo and lied or something and told them we didn't have eggs! :)

wabisabigirl said...

You're a good mom!! It's funny because the other day London said she wanted to color Easter eggs (she and B must be connected!) and I told her we only do that at Easter time and she said ok and moved on to the next thing!