Tuesday, December 2, 2008

an unknown christmas list

tonight I am listening to Michael Buble's song grown up Christmas list (scroll to the end of this page to see and hear it)and I am thinking about my nephew. It's something that I have not blogged about yet. I knew that someday I would want to write about it but I wasn't sure when.

My sweet and mischievious nephew was killed four years ago on August 16th at age 13. He was hit by a car on Farrington Hwy in Hawaii. I have so many thoughts about him of course so many of them I chose not to share, they are way to personal.

This season my mind keeps wandering back to him wondering what he would have been like today, look like and how his laugh would sound. I wonder how much less broken my brothers heart would be if he had this little boy to share his days with.

As our children grow old and change, their Christmas lists change with them. They want a fire truck one year and then before we can blink an eye they want a cell phone. Time flies by so fast it's like life is rushing by trying to beat us to the punch line.

As I am trying to keep up with life, running with all my might trying to not miss a moment .....

I wonder what his Christmas list would have been like this year?

No comments: