Tuesday, December 9, 2008

More decorating

I have a rather eccentric way of decorating I think. I like stuffed full and homey…. Is that eccentric or messy? Doesn’t matter, I like to be surrounded by the things I love. Everything I have has a story to me. It may have been my grandma’s or something I picked up somewhere to remember something or someone. I like to have a house full of memories. I am saying this because I am about to post pictures of some of my decorating and I’m trying to explain all the stuff errrrrr…. junk!

Behind the button trees are my kid’s art work and one of my favorite paintings. When I was a little girl I played a game called masterpiece (an art game). The little girl in this painting I use to pretend was my sister. I loved the painting and bought it a long time ago. Next to the painting I framed my kids art from when they were little. I love it because it’s so personal.

My chandelier is UGLY and I need to replace it. It was here when we moved in- I like it with Christmas decorations on it better!

The lamps Mr. B. and I re-did a few weeks ago. I bought them at a garage sale this summer and they were UGLY but we painted them and got new shades for them and I love them now! Does the decoration on top of the shade look a little like the crown of thorns when Jesus was crucified? YIKES…. I was definitely NOT going for that look!

I’m suppose to bake sugar cookies tomorrow- we’ll see!

No comments: