Friday, December 26, 2008

THE BOOGER


I know you must be wondering where the boogers and loogey enter this fantastic vacation that Bat Girl and I enjoyed just a few days ago and the honest truth is I’m just even sure I’m ready to write it all down yet…. It was gross…. A bad experience and I would have to face some very serious facts if I actually admit that it happened.

I’ll try. You may have to pitch in some money for a little therapy later on. I’ll let you know.

Boogies- As we entered the beautiful, old and awe inspiring city of Savannah we marveled at its beauty, at the history that once was here and that time stood still for anyone to feel it in this place. It can be a quiet, calm and relaxing city- but still a city. It’s small city full of southern grace, hospitality, and southern food. It also has something that all other cities have.

G-E-R-M-S

If you know me at all you know I am not a big fan of germs. I try not to touch things but I also try not be overly concerned and appear crazed by over-using anti bacterial gel which by the way is not a good thing either because it kills the small germs and THEY say is creating a BIGGER germ…. Arrgghhh! Okay okay…. Breath…. Anyway small, germs, small city, back to the story.

Here I am in this beautiful city among greatness and as Bat Girl and I walked the streets and were drawn in by each window and the wonderful things behind the great glass doors I was touching things that I would not normally touch- walls, door handles, windows. It was weird. We went into the most beautiful store; it was the store that Bat Girl fell in love with a brown down couch that was quite lovely. We were sitting in the chairs and unbeknownst to me I was touching things. It’s unexplainable really- I must have been drunk with southern charm. I ran my hand across the back of the beautiful furniture pieces- the softest couch on earth, the shiny wooden table and the smoothest chair. Here’s the problem with it all-

I touched a booger! I’m sure of it. As my hand was running along the back of the smoothest chair and I was thinking that this place was glorious it all came to a screeching halt as my fingers ran into something sticky- a booger- it could not be anything else…. My mind raced! Could it be price tag residue? PRICE TAG RESIDUE? Was there a price tag on anything else in the whole store- uhhhh- NO. I was totally freaking out! Could it be someone’s left over food? Did ya ever hear about the no food rule? Yeah no food in a fancy shmancy furniture store… it had to be a booger. I was standing there paralyzed when BatGirl realized something was wrong and we got eye contact. I started to try and flick it off- but NO, nope, nada- that sucker was not moving. As I was flicking Bat girl was ducking because she says that I was flicking it toward her. The thing is - I was blinded by this booger fear and I was just trying to get it off of me- I could have been trying to flick it near Brad Pitt and I wouldn’t have noticed. I was having a total booger melt down at this point. When I realized the flicking was going nowhere, I turned and grabbed very expensive curtains and wiped my hand down them with a quick swipe.

Whew! Booger gone-germs still there. Luckily as I was freaking out, speechless and flicking Bat Girl knows me well enough to have dug through her purse and was armed with anti-bac. With a quick squirt and a rub I was feeling much better.

Believe it or not this actually happened to me again that same day. I’ll save you the agony of telling you the story you can picture it I’m sure!

There is a moral to this story and it’s this- DO NOT TOUCH THINGS.

I just simply cannot write the loogey story tonight- it’s grosser trust me!

No comments: