Thursday, December 11, 2008

a true Christmas gift...



I love this man!

Around the Holidays I get nostalgic about my true love for so many reasons. I won’t tell you our whole crazy love affair story but I will tell you these things about him and me.

Mr. B. and I met on his birthday and “dated” for awhile- that’s a story for a talk show not THIS blog! Anyway we found out I was pregnant with our first son the day after Thanksgiving, which is also a story for a talk show- BUT around the Holidays I always remember how we met and married and how backwards we did things but how I still love him after all these years.

The day after Thanksgiving I woke my best friend up at 4am while I took a pregnancy test- she had a light up phone in her room and turned off all the ringers in her house so no one would be woken up. She and I waited about 5 seconds for the results that changed the course of my life and his. This was the true beginning of Mr. B. and me.

We got married Christmas day and have been together ever since. On Christmas day while we watch the kids open their gifts and giggle with excitement as they tear into the paper we always smile at each other with a wink and know that this was the day that we said we would spend forever together so long ago.

We don’t give each other gifts for lots of reasons. Long long ago when we could barely afford to buy the kids one thing each we couldn’t afford to buy each other anything and as the years wore on we just never started buying one another gifts. When someone asks me “what did HE get you for Christmas?” I always say- “4 kids and (however many) years”. I love that answer because I would rather have his children and his time than any purse, bottle of perfume or great pair of boots.

Almost 17 years ago we said “I do”, and through thick and thin we are still saying it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Precious post! Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog.
~Mrs.Cuddles