Sunday, December 14, 2008

Happy birthday Batgirl- your one in a million!


My Dear Sweet friend of so many years and many more to come I love you dearly.

On this day you were born and I know God meant for us to be friends- I know it- he told me so.

I can’t believe that another birthday has come for you- it only seems like yesterday that we were going out to see “What Women want” and having coffee at Starbucks- then I left my purse and we were almost late- remember? It’s the first time that I found out you HATE to miss the beginning of a movie, when I discovered you hate coffee and also that you had the same love affair with DOC Martins that I did- I knew we were right for each other, I just knew it.

Shortly after the “birthday movie date” with our husbands, we went Christmas shopping together for our Christmas party at work- you got me little tiny white candles- I loved them, I picked them and they are probably still in your storage somewhere because that’s so us! Remember how we stayed out too late and Mr. B. thought we had been in a horrible accident and how he was not too happy when we came back because he was worried sick- before we had cell phones!

I love us- I have the funniest memories of us, I couldn’t begin to write them all in one post, piece of paper or book. I know people love to see us laugh, accuse of having too much fun and probably wish they understood all our inside jokes but all fun aside I wouldn’t trade you for anyone anytime, anywhere my friend. You are one in a million and I feel lucky everyday to have you.

You’re not a friend like others, you’re not someone to call just to shop with or talk with, and I know you truly understand who I am. I know you accept me for just simply quirky, crazy me and I love you for so many reason here are a few-

When I am thrilled about something you are the first one I want to tell because I know you will be thrilled too and understand why I am so tickled pink, like the time that Kid2 went to her first Father-daughter dance you were there snapping pictures of us getting ready, swooning over how beautiful she looked, you were thrilled for her as much as I was. You are like a mother to her.

When my heart ached to the core and I was too weak to stand alone, you held me up; you made me work and forced me to look at things objectively and real. You held my hand and my heart through it all- walking me slowly through one step at a time. You loved my husband, children and pets just like they were your own and hurt the day we lost Emily too.

When I stood by my Grammie’s side begging God to take her pain away you were there begging too. When you saw her hurt- it hurt you too. You could understand me begging God, you could understand also that I wouldn’t be ready when God actually did take her and when he did you were there to hold me up again, reassuring me that this was the best thing, reminding me that we begged for God to take her pain away and he did.

When I have been sick you have been there to hold my head up, drive me home, and make me soup. I can’t count the hours that you have sat in an Emergency room with me waiting for me or my kid or my family member. When we thought we lost Kid4 that night in the ER, it was you supporting me, you holding my hand, you telling me it was in God’s hands. When we lost my nephew it was you I called and you that cried for my family’s loss. It was you I wanted near me at the end of all those days.

How you stood in anticipation in the ultra sound room with me, waiting until the Dr. said it was a girl, how we squealed with joy and knew that a little girl was just what we ALL needed. And how you were waiting right outside that door when Kid4 was born and how you must have been exhausted from working all day and waiting all night just to see her little precious face. You were as excited and nervous as we were.

How did a girl like me run into a girl like you? How did a girl like me get lucky enough to have a girl like you as a best friend? Some days I wonder as I hear your voice in my ear how this all happened, how you love me too? Then I have to remind myself that the day you were born __years ago was the day that God had a plan for us. He knew that one day you would hold me up through hard times, laugh hysterically till I wet my pants in hilarious times and just be together through other times. I do thank God for you daily but today I am thanking him lots because this was the day that you were born.

I love you Batgirl, there could never be enough time to tell you, but I plan on laughing with you, crying with you and shopping with you until the end of time when you’re safe at home with my kid2 and I’m nestled with all the crazies at the nursing home….
Thank you for being you and for being mine.

**I can’t possibly post a picture of Batgirl- if you knew her you would know that this is totally unacceptable to do to her so here is the closest picture of us I am willing to post- it's her, my Great Grandma and I.

No comments: