Tuesday, October 7, 2008

wonderful terrible teens!




Are teenagers’ terrors or are they just struggling through life as much as adults or more?

I’m not sure there is a real clear answer to that question. I’m not sure there’s an answer because I guess it depends on the struggles. Teenagers and kids in general can have such hard times and parents can be so selfish with their own decisions that some don’t consider the kids hearts and feelings. I feel so bad for teens and kids and toddlers…. anyone at their parents’ mercy. That’s a blog for a different time….

My poor teenage boy, he struggles because he is so sweet hearted.

Dear kid1 you are so special to me. There are simply no words to describe how in love with you I have always been. If I could take all these teenage problems away from you I would NOT because these terrible teenage times and hurts and heartaches are going to make you the well rounded adult that you are becoming. I can only tell you now that these things that weigh on your heart will seem small when your grown but right now they feel so big and important and I know the hurt Is very real and so hard. I will never tell you that it’s all nothing, because feelings are never nothing. Please know that someday when we are sitting together somewhere and laughing and talking about the past that these things still may seem important but I promise you they will not seem as important as they do right now. I love you kid1- to the moon and back a million times and more.

I would not go back to being a teenager for anything in the world- being a teenager is so hard, so stressful and I wouldn’t wish it on anyone except maybe Kim Jong-il (president of North Korea)

**note to self- wrap my little tiny kid1 in a blanket and rock him for hours and hours and hours….

No comments: