Sunday, October 19, 2008

"apple princess" chapter 2




Yesterday I took my kids on a road trip to Ellijay Georgia to pick apples, hang out, eat something local and antique shop.

The older kids were less than thrilled when we headed out for the long trip ahead and were hooked to their I-pods, game boys, PSP’s etc. so I enjoyed the silence for about an hour and then mayhem broke loose in the car!

Kid4 was throwing up! She threw up all over her car seat, her cute Halloween clothes and some of the seat. Luckily she threw up near a Carters outlet so we pulled and re-outfitted her in the adorable outfit above. I think we hurried out before she finished breakfast and the vitamins must have grabbed a hold of her tummy and revolted. Anyway Kid2 and I cleaned her all up, got her dressed in her new clothes and off we went. (She said she was fine and she was no longer green so we believed her) She did not throw up again.

Anyway as we headed north to the beautiful mountains of Georgia we all settled in to talking and having a nice time, the electronic devices were put down (ran out of batteries) and we all enjoyed good conversation and stories.

I have to say that I like my kids. Sometimes I think parents get discouraged by teen’s negative attitudes and their unwillingness to enjoy outings. My kids are use to my get in the car and go personality and I wouldn’t change a thing. Buckling the kids in the car and having them held hostage is the best time to talk about important things, laugh or just enjoy each other.

We had a great time! Ellijay is beautiful and the kids are begging to go back again today. With gas prices we are going to skip it but maybe next weekend?! If you find yourself in the mountains of Georgia go to Ellijay, it’s breathtaking. If you find yourself in the car with teens, give them a minute and then enjoy their stories and the time you have. The time we are given with our kids is so short- cherish it.

-oh yeah I bought about 100 lbs of apples, a giant bag of sweet potatoes, a giant bag of sweet onions and lots of apple cider! I am making homemade applesauce, apple pies and apple butter!

1 comment:

millerhood said...

Yummy...apple butter!! We want some.