Thursday, October 9, 2008

a passing out kind of day




Believe it or not two of my children passed out today! I have never and I mean never ever had a child of mine or even seen a child pass out.

Kid1 passing out story-
Kid1 has been not feeling well lately… I think it may be teenage tired disease (you know when teenagers work themselves to death and worry about every little thing?) but I’m not sure so I made him a Dr. appt for this morning at 9:25. I wanted the Dr to just simply take blood to see where his sugars are, vitamin levels, etc. The appt goes fine. Then nurse came in with a needle and everything was fine, she got two vials of blood and I won’t lie to you, kid1 was looking VERY pale. I was starting to worry and wonder about him. He was sitting in a chair and then all of a sudden he just kind of faded away. I jumped up and asked the nurse if I could help her- inside I was screaming and terrified and wanted to shout “CODE BLUE – CODE BLUE”…. But I had to remind myself that I was NOT on an episode of E.R. Anyway we moved him to the table and got him lying down, he would open his eyes and then pass out again over and over.

Anyway- I’m trying to make this story short. He passed out, scared me to death, we got him home and then he wanted to go out to eat. I was feeling very unsure about taking him anywhere but he was feeling hungry and I thought what the heck right?

Kid2 passing out story-
Kid1, 3 and 4 and I went to Cracker Barrel to eat lunch. Kid2 was at drama practice. We sat down to eat and my cell phone rang and believe it or not- kid2 passed out at drama on the stage. I truly think that kid2 was tired and hot from the lights but still! Don’t worry I also took her to the Dr to check her for anemia etc…

I am making them curl up in their beds and watch movies the rest of the day… no walking near sharp objects!

**note from Bat Girl- wrap the kids in bubble wrap!

No comments: