Thursday, October 2, 2008

Demand that candy with a menace mister!


Oh’ how I love Halloween time! It’s really one of my favorite holidays. I think it’s the weather turning cooler, the orange, red and yellow leaves on the trees. I love thinking about what to dress the kids up as, I love looking at fall decorations. It’s simply a wonderful time!

This Halloween is the first Halloween in a long time that we have lived in a neighborhood and are able to go door to door. The problem is that I only have one kid left young enough to trick or treat and she is scared of her own shadow! If I sent her to a stranger’s door and they jumped out in a costume and said “BOO” she would most likely never EVER knock on anyone’s door again. This is not her favorite holiday.

I looked up the word “Halloween” online and read some very interesting descriptions of the word but here is my favorite-

Halloween
The
eve of All Hallows' Day; 31st October; celebrated (mostly in the United Kingdom, Canada, United States and Ireland) by children going door-to-door in costume and demanding candy with menaces.

Is that funny or what? Demanding candy with menaces?! I laughed.


*the pic above is my kids last year with their pumpkins*

3 comments:

wabisabigirl said...

Yeah, I like the dressing up the kids part the best:) London is still young enough that she lets me pick out her costumes so she's been a butterfly, a leopard, a lamb and this year a bee...all sweet little things...:) Clay was a pumpkin last year and this year he'll be the leopard...so it saves money too!

Ashley said...

My big kids have been too many things to list, but we don't allow scary, I don't think Halloween's about scaring others! Bella is going to be a "princess" this year. She chose her own outfit-LOL Last year she was a chicken believe it or not!

Anonymous said...

Well written article.