Wednesday, October 1, 2008

crazy morning fog


This morning did NOT go well.

Last night poor Mr. B could not sleep. He tossed and turned and then moved to the couch and then promptly got called into work. He worked all night and got home around five a.m.

At 6 o’clock he got me up and the kids and got into our bed to get a little sleep. He wanted me to wake him up at 8 a.m. because he had a meeting at 8:30 and could call into it from his cell phone.

I got up, helped the kids get ready. Kid4 was still sleeping, she doesn’t go to school until 9 a.m. I was so tired this morning, I was in a morning fog and just couldn’t get things done right or quickly. I talked the kids into going to school a few minutes early thinking that if I got home by 7 or 7:10 I could get about another hour of sleep. I dropped off Kids 1-3 and headed home. I was so tired and couldn’t wait to lay back down in my cozy, probably still warm bed.

I pulled into the garage, dragged myself to the door and it was locked! I NEVER lock the door. I lost my key, I should make another one but haven’t, I NEVER LOCK IT- DANG KIDS, I’m sure they locked it! I had my cell phone and picked it up to call Mr. B. but I hated to wake him up. I tried all the doors, nothing unlocked. Mr. B and Kid4 were locked up all safe inside and here I was standing in a morning fog, very sleepy in the garage…. This is a dilemma!

I decided to sit in my car quietly and wait until 8. I figured I rarely get silence and it would do me some good. So I got into the passenger side of my car, and was thinking about this or that and….. all of a sudden I leaped up, hit my head on the door, dropped my cell phone onto the floor and realized that I had been sleeping. I grabbed my cell phone still half asleep and saw that it was 8:20! I was in such a panic from waking up not knowing where I was, and freaking out about not waking up Mr. B or kid4 who had to be at school in 40 minutes that I must have hit the alarm button on my car and set off the alarm! I then promptly dropped the keys! By this time, the alarm was going off, the dog was furiously barking, and I was in a panic. I dialed Mr. B’s cell phone and asked him to please let me in the kitchen door. He was confused to say the least. By the time I got the keys found and the alarm turned off there they stood…. Mr. B and Kid4 staring at me like they had never seen me before. I was furiously apologizing for not waking him, and trying to explain that I had fallen asleep in the car… and then I just stopped talking because I don’t have to explain my craziness to Mr. B, he understands my crazy.

He did say that the alarm going off did explain to him why Kid4 came running into our bedroom scared the same exact time that I called and that it was a little crazy for them too.

He got on his meeting call in time, Kid4 got to preschool in time and the morning is fading into afternoon which looks better for me.

**Note to self- MAKE A HOUSE KEY FOR PETE’S SAKE!

No comments: