Sunday, October 26, 2008

kid2's first high school dance.... am I old?










My oldest daughter kid2 went to her first high school dance last night. Her Dad and I were nervous wrecks!

She looked beautiful and was so excited. I don’t spend enough time on this blog talking about kid2 probably because she is so independent. She truly is amazing. She is a 14 year old girl with the confidence of a four star admiral. When I asked her who she was going to the dance with earlier this week she said “Mom, I have a bunch of friends who will be there”. I would have never gone to a dance alone just to meet friends there. She is confident beyond words.

Kid2 has been the apple of our eye and a spitfire from birth. As soon as she could crawl she took over the house and has never given it back. She is capable of leaping tall buildings in a single bound I assure you. Kid2 is competitive, strong, a leader, a trend setter, and a kind hearted girl who is able to look deeply into others and know the words they need to hear. My Granddaddy calls her “The Senator”.

Dear kid2 the minute I saw you I knew you would change the world with your strong ways, the minute I heard your cry I knew you would change us. You have always been so strong but also able to understand people deeply and know what they need. I’m proud of you daily for being the strong teen that you are, for standing up for what you believe in always and so many more reasons. You’re ability to be kind but firm with people is something that is so rare in a teenager. I love the high standards that you have set for yourself. The faith you have in God is something to behold, I wish I could have that deep faith and understanding in things that I cannot see. Thank you for being you, for being the girl in the middle of two brothers and doing such a great job of being the middle child. I love you!

No comments: