Sunday, October 12, 2008

A, B, C, D... la la laaaaa.... and a third


I doubt this will make any sense at all but here I go.

I’m trying to explain marriage and one of my many views on it. I’m writing it down so it’s blogged and so that maybe written down I can understand it myself.

I think of marriage as broken up into the letters of the alphabet and to graduate to the next letter say from A to B there are three years per letter. So letter A would be as follows-

A- 1/3 first year, 2/3 second year, 3/3 third year

Does that make sense? That gives you 78 years of marriage and that’s rare so I think that’s enough years. I could actually potentially be married for 78 years but I’m a rare freak of nature.

Okay, so I have been married for 17 years and 11 months (I know it’s crazy but true). I am letter F and 2/3rds. (BAT GIRL- I know your laughing right now and I’m going to ignore it and we can laugh about it Monday!)

Okay so I say all that because today my head feels crazy. I’m tired and have a headache for no good reason I am REALLY grouchy. I have been rude and really kind of mean to my nice husband all day and when I was ranting and raving about the air conditioner and other stupid things that are not worth making a big deal over I said to him thank God we are this far into our marriage or you might run screaming from me right now!

Here’s my logic when I think about others getting divorced it makes me sad because of the letters. Follow me here- because I am at F 2/3 in my marriage I yelled about the air conditioner and made a big deal about other such nameless unimportant things he could just hug me and let it go. If I continually start over in marriage and repeat A, B, C a third here and there…. But I never graduate past a certain letter I would never grow and see what the next letter brings…. Do you follow? I never knew what the years of the letter F would bring until I am here and I like the “F” years ….

Thanks Mr. B for loving me when I’m truly out of my mind, off my rocker, three wrenches short of a set, one prong short of a plug end… you get the picture. I love you!

*note to self- stay quieter about lots of things!
-the above picture if Mr. B. and I in our A year- I'm not sure I want to divulge the 3rd-LOL

No comments: