Tuesday, February 3, 2009

mantle-tastic!


My mantle

Do you like it?

Pretend that our pictures are above the kids in oval frames.... thats the plan!

I love the way it turned out. I'll love it even more when it's done.

note- the paper matches the hutch.

Turns out that oval frames are a little harder to come by than I planned.

The kids love it because they didn't want goofy school pictures displayed so this was a great compromise. I love to have pictures of the kids everywhere but I do not like the norm, you know- 8X10 school pics hanging in oak frames here there and everywhere... lining your halls, haunting your staircase.... hither and yon....

you know what I mean!

I love silhouettes- I LOVE THEM!

AND

they are easy to make!

I'll make one for you if you want me too- just ask!

5 comments:

RazorFamilyFarms.com said...

This is such a cool idea! You are so creative!

Thanks for everything!
In friendship,
Lacy

Shannon said...

VERY cute! I love those!

Shannon said...

As for the snack plates-I collect two patterns and I have no idea what they are called. :) One is the oval, scrolly one and the other is the rectangle ones that look like they are hob nailed.

Anonymous said...

Whoa! That looks fantastic! :O

Anonymous said...

Not that you're asking but...I like the frames they're in, I'd maybe stack them two on top of each other - Like they're one square picture.