Monday, February 2, 2009

decorating from dawn till dusk and loving every minute of it!


All weekend we have been decorating, painting, sawing, sanding and WORKING hard so that the main floor in the house, the place where we all spend most of our time can be “done”. (is it ever really “done”) Mr.B the kids and I have worked ourselves to the bone each one with their own project hoping to all come together in the end and have it finished and I am thrilled with the end result!

One of my favorite blogs is where I get a lot of my ideas and decorating help. I use the Nesters blog like a decorating thesaurus! If I like something one way I look through her blog to see if she has better ideas and trust me- SHE DOES! The Nester is a very talented decorator and all around good blogger.

When we moved into this house I worried about the TALL walls, I wondered if I would find the right things at the right price and thanks to the Nesters door on the wall idea I certainly did. I used her idea for hanging a door and just love the way it turned out. My door still needs a little something, but I’ll find the perfect little something and add it when I run across it.
My decorating philosophy is if I love it, I can make it work. I love old doors and windows, they have such charm. I love to repurpose an old something or other into something or other of mine to love and enjoy! I love to make the things I have work for me in any house. It can be a real challenge to decorate on a limited budget but it can be done.

I really hoped to find an old door lying around somewhere but it just wasn’t happening for me so I bought a new one for 19.00 from Lowes. I am in love with Robin’s egg blue; I painted Kid4’s kitchen robin’s egg blue last year and have never tired of the striking color. We had these old frames that I had collected from tag sales here and there and repurposed them for this project. The whole project cost me less than 30 dollars- it was a bargain and we’re thrilled with the result.

What do you think?

Tomorrow I am going to show you my hidden TV- I know your on the edge of your seat!

**I want to say a thank you to the Nester for being so gracious about me sharing her ideas. Thank you Nester, you inspire me to decorate with your fantastic creative ideas. Keep up the good work!**

1 comment:

Life In Oh-me-haw said...

Oh my gosh! I love that! It looks great!!!