Thursday, February 12, 2009

Abra cadabra...




Todays project - master bedroom curtains. I have a love hate realtionship with all curtains. I love the beautiful lush, long, thick curtains but I hate to pay for them so....
I DON'T!
I learned to make curtains from my Mom. When I first got married, Mr. B. was heading out to sea for 6 months and I was in my first house with no curtains, no nothing really. My Mom thought that he needed a "home" to look back and think about and she went to work sewing her hands bloody until I had the cutest little blue and white curtains and a whole house to match! I watched her cut and sew and iron and cut and sew some more and I was smitten by the love of creating your own anything out of nothing. I learned how to decorate and sew from my mom and I've never looked back.

Today when I was paroozing Target and the AMAZING sales they are having, these super cute shower curtains caught my eye... they were marked down from 19.49 to 4.87!!! So I bought 6 of them, repurposed my old curtains and added them in and VIOLA

I love them!

No comments: