Friday, February 20, 2009

the "10 minute makeover"


This is my little room BEFORE

This is my little room AFTER
I added shower curtains as curtains- believe it or not under that little bit of wood I just tucked the shower curtain in and then put the wood back up with the clips that were already there. No sewing, no glue, no nails- ten minutes to a prettier window and there you have it folks!
*MY TEN MINUTE MAKEOVER*
One of my very favorite decorating bloggers is the Nester, if you haven’t heard of her – WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? She’s amazing; her ideas are fresh and just what every home needs. She has coined the phrase “It doesn’t have to be perfect to be beautiful” and she is so right.

I am proud to say that I have looked at her entire blog one picture at a time studying her words and ideas and have used many of them in my house. She is a generous blogger who doesn’t mind sharing her ideas and answering emails.

For my ten minute makeover I was going to show my bedroom but It’s just not photo ready- I have not felt well this week so my bedroom is….well- let’s just say you won’t want to see it.

I am showing you the curtains in my breakfast/pantry/playroom. The curtains are made from shower curtains that I bought from Target earlier last week. I used them in my bedroom and then I had 3 more panels and I used them in my b/p/p room and I LOVE how it turned out.
check out my blog for more ideas and many thoughts about a crazy life!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your room is so cute! I love the bright colors and how everything goes together.

Jen said...

So cute! Did you get those shower curtains at Target? There are some similar (if not the same) there that I also thought would make super cute 'regular' curtains. I love the blue!

Anonymous said...

I love color so this room makes me drool!

Peggy said...

I just found your blog from following "10 minute makeover" links...I am hooked! I love your style!

And you asked how I was feeling on my blog...I'm feeling great! I still can't believe I had surgery...but my husband keeps reminding me that I did when I want to do something I shouldn't. LOL

RazorFamilyFarms.com said...

Awesome! I love all of the wonderful colors!

Unknown said...

Wow. I love those shower curtains : ). Super cool. I was just at another site where she used a sheet as a shower curtain. Funny!

Anonymous said...

great curtains, Ashley! I love the entire room, it looks like a doll house with the play kitchen stuff :o)

Victoria