Tuesday, February 24, 2009

your home, your story, tell it.


Does your home have a story? I don’t mean your house- I mean the things in your house? Do they tell your story? When looking through one of my favorite bloggers, the Nester I can see her story, the things she loves and the things that speak to her.

I have always felt like it was important to surround yourself with the things you love, the things that speak to you, tell your story or someone else’s. When looking through blogs this weekend I happened upon this one- Sara’s Art house and her home TELLS HER STORY. She gets it. Check it out, I bet you’ll feel like you know her after flipping through her blog for a few minutes. She’s obviously colorful, bright, outgoing, and kind. Doesn’t her house say that to you? Do you feel like you know her already?

I like for my house to feel comfortable, lived in, calm and kind. I think a home can have a kind feeling, don’t you? I find myself gravitating towards kind colors like blues, creams, whites and some red. Those are the colors that make me feel calm and trust me I NEED to feel calm! I want to go home to a house that has a comfy spot to sit, pillows to lean on, colors to greet me and glass shining and winking at me. Did I mention I LOVE glass? Me and glass go back a long way. I love you glass, snack sets, old jars, farm windows- need I go on?!

The things in my house almost all have a story; it might be my Grandma’s suitcase here or my dad’s old military trunk there. Maybe my Mom’s favorite book under my Grandma’s old hand mirror. My house is layered with story after story and surrounds me with my history, the things I love and the memories of those I love having them before me.
Make your house a home, have the things you love and LOVE the things you have!

3 comments:

Angie said...

I totally agree! I think we should surround ourselves with the things we love. I'm so glad you stopped by my blog so that now I know about you and can read yours!

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

What an inspiring post. I'm sort of in a rut trying to put my home together. We moved into it a little over a year ago and though some people would have their home done right away, we are still painting/remodeling. My living room isn't speaking to me as of late. I'm himming and hawing about the color. I'm sort of realizing that it's not speaking to me as I want it to. I'm totally thinking about repainting it and the more I do, the more excited I get. It's a shade of green right now...I want to go a dark brown. Think I should do it?

Peggy said...

I've never thought of it that way...I'm going to take a closer look at my surroundings to see if my home tells a story.

Thanks for stopping by my blog to check on me. I'm still doing great after my surgery. I'm amazed and almost feel guilty at how well I'm doing.