Thursday, February 5, 2009

haircut clarification


My mom laughed at kid4’s haircut and she’s right- it’s hilarious and as I look at this picture more and more of Kid4 I thought I might should clarify the SUPER SHORT bangs!

Not too long ago I had a talk with Kid4 about NOT cutting her own hair. I have been exceedingly nervous about her cutting her own hair because she does have access to scissors; in fact I have kid scissors at her level so that she can cut when she wants too. (not hair)

My mom told me a story about a little girl in her preschool cutting her friends long beautiful hair super short and I began to worry and fret about my kid cutting her own hair! Cutting her hair is totally something that Kid4 would do. I was hiding scissors at every turn and more and more nervous each day….
I gave her a BIG TALK about NOT cutting your own and how a person could only cut their own if they had gone to a special haircutting school. The haircutting school teaches each person to cut hair the right way, the pretty way… yada yada yada! You know what I mean. So as I was sitting there explaining this obvious fact to her I realized that her bangs were a little too long and I should probably

Ready? you'll never believe this

Give them a little trim myself.

She very innocently asked me this unfortunate question while I was holding the scissors in my unqualified hand.

“Mommy, did you go to haircutting school too?”

I was caught red handed!

I was stunned. I had not and I’m NOT a good liar. My Kid1 was standing watching the whole thing and I COULD NOT lie in front of the big kid who knew I had not gone to “haircutting school”…. What would I say…?

I put the scissors down and said to her “Oh your right, ummmmm, uhhhhhhh………
I was not going to cut your hair, ohhhhh…… uhhhhhh….. did you think mommy was going to cut your hair? No….. I was not; I did not go to haircutting school….. So nope not me!

Kid1 laughed….

Needless to say, I get them REALLY short so we don’t have to go that often

AND she hates, I mean HATES to have her haircut. It hurts her…. Poor girl!

So that’s the story of her super short bangs and also I LOVE THEM!

but I can totally see how my mom or anyone else could get a huge laugh from my kids hair! Speaking of my kids hair, go check out my friend Christy's blog about her little girls hair. It's so funny - that girl of hers is a super hair twister and just about the sweetest girl around!

No comments: