Wednesday, November 10, 2010

SEMPER FI

Growing up my Dad was my hero. My Dad is and always will be a Marine. My Dad taught me pride in my country and the Marine Corps, pride that will always be a part of who I am. (1.) The U.S. Marines have been the first branch of the armed forces to serve in every war since November 10th, 1775. I am proud to be a Marine brat and my Dad always takes my breath away with his strength and love for his country. Thanks Dad for being who you are and Happy birthday to the few and the brave men and women who serve in the United States Marine Corps.

(1) http://www.usmarinesbirthplace.com/United-States-Marines-facts.html

My Dad has on an Army uniform here. He is the principal at the New Mexico Military Institute, this is his uniform.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so thankful for your Dad's service to our country and how he cares for the cadets, my cadet, at NMMI!

Ashley said...

Thanks Heidi. My Dad is truly a good man. he absolutely LOVES his job! I've always been so thankful that he is my Dad.