Saturday, December 19, 2009

Saturday caramels and cleaning

Do you have a list of things your doing before Christmas? I do. I REALLY try to keep things calm around the holiday. WHY IN THE WORLD would you want to spend a “holiday” all stressed out? We are making cookies and of course we decorated the tree and house, but we didn’t kill ourselves doing it. In fact there are several boxes of Christmas decorations that I didn’t even open *GASP*!


Tonight we made caramels with Kid4. She unwrapped the butter and poured in the corn syrup but then she had to sit far away while Mr. B. stirred his heart out. I can’t bear the thought of her getting burned. She wanted to stir SO badly.


(Kid4 made this butter statue- I loved it)

The caramel is cooling and we are chilling.

What are the things on your list? I am cleaning for my parents (do you clean when your parents come too?) I needed to clean up anyway. I am finishing the gifts I made for our family and friends. I need to plan a menu for next week, wrap a few more things, whoop up on the kids and make them clean their rooms and closets so when my mom inspects she is not disgusted (JK- Mom- she probably won't inspect). I’m washing the blankets so they will be fresh if my parents are freezing here and all the sheets because… well… kids are gross. Today we cleaned the garage, picked up our closet, did laundry, picked kids up, dropped kids off, made lunches for the week ... you know the regular Saturday things.

What did you do today?

Whatever you did, I hope it was great! I hope you’re not stressed out over the Holidays! Don’t be stressed out friends. Stop and enjoy the time you’ll have home with your kids.

No comments: