Sunday, December 19, 2010

road trippin' before the holidays!

(this is how THESE two would like ride on EVERY road trip!)

We’re road trippin’ again! Are you shocked? I know YOU are!! (since I never travel)

The kids and I are meeting my parents in Dallas up pick up Kid3 and have a little Christmas with them. We are heading out on our little adventure about noon and Kid1 and I are going to drive straight through to Dallas tonight.

Kid4 is VERY excited to see her Grandparents- she is SUCH a Grandparents girl!

Our trip looks like this- Dallas Saturday, Oklahoma Sunday and Mt PERFECT on Monday and Tuesday! You KNOW how I LOVE Mt. Perfect! I am excited to put my arms around my Granddaddy and feel his scratchy kiss on my check. I am looking forward to driving those roads that are etched in my mind so deeply. Mt Perfect makes me feel home, makes me feels safe and reminds me that I DO have roots.

***********************************************************

We made it safely to Dallas and I am typing this from our hotel early this morning, I came downstairs to have a minute to myself before this day starts, you probably already know what it’s like to be in the car with 4 children ranging in ages from 18 to 6! If you don’t know what it feels like, I can hardly describe it. There are conversations ranging from the fastest car on the planet to what would be the best dress for our beloved baby Stella dolly.

We added another exciting adventure to this particular trip and we are SO excited! We are headed out of Mt Perfect on Tuesday and are going to visit my darling nieces in Missouri. I can’t tell you how much I love to be all stuffed up in my truck with the kids. The mountains of books, movies, pillows and blankets- THIS is the way I love to spend my days. All my chicks up under my wing, all buckled in and chatting away to each other and me…. Pure heaven.

Wish us luck on our travels and pray for good weather the whole way. And thank you my friends for reading my many adventures, I love sharing my life via with you!

No comments: