Friday, April 2, 2010

cabbage patch dolls, the 80's and my dear friend Julie


I did something I have always wanted to do for my birthday. I went to Baby Land general hospital and saw where Cabbage Patch dolls are “born” it was wonderful. I’ve wanted to go since I was a little girl and when I found out I lived only 3 hours away, I HAD to do it!

The hospital has recently been moved to a HUGE building that resembles a southern mansion- it’s really unbelievable. I loved the display cases showing the very first cabbage patch dolls and how they progressed and changed throughout the years.

I’ve been a Cabbage Patch fan for years and years! When I walked into that place I instantly missed my best friend Julie. Julie and I spent hours and hours playing with our Cabbage Patch dolls and in fact I have a corn silk Cabby who’s name IS Julie! I can’t count the times we packed our dolls up and walked all over town with them in strollers, the times we had sleep overs and made them all little beds. We spent countless hours combing their hair and changing their clothes. We loved our dolls and each other. I still have mine and I guarantee you she still has hers!

The minute I walked into that hospital it was like I was back in Julie’s room and it was the 80’s again. I loved Julie’s room, it was so cool. She had every kind of earring, she had a million little collections and her room was really always clean, mine was not!

Jules I miss and love you dearly! (and our dolls, and carefree times, and your room, and your mom, and your cool black and red bathroom, and Penny and Lakeview ….. need I go on?)

please escuse the cheesy grin and stupid pose... Im an idiot when it comes to Cabbage Patch dolls!

No comments: