Monday, January 28, 2013

Happy Birthday A :)



Six hundred and twenty four days ago I was given a gift. This wasn't the ol' gift wrapped in a box, tied with a bow kind of gift, it was more like gift wrapped in a person kind of a gift. My little baby (Kid5) was wrapped up all snug in her birth mommas belly for  a whole nine months while we waited eagerly. Day after day as she grew in my nieces belly I prayed for her. Day and after day as she grew I wondered what her little kicks felt like to her momma. Day after day, hour after hour, minute after minute I could just feel her in my arms. I wanted this little princess more than I have ever wanted anything in my life. I couldn't wait to meet her.

Eighty nine weeks and one day ago after lots of pain and tears, after pushing and working so hard the nurse handed me this little beautiful gift. I held her perfect little body and watched her momma rest. I watched her momma feel relieved that the labor was over and I saw the most amazing thing in her eyes. I saw perfect contentment for her little girl. I had worried about how she would feel, I had prayed for the Lord to give her peace with her decision. Her eyes told me that she was at peace, her beautiful blue-green eyes told me that she knew her baby would be safe in my arms.

She and I spent the next few days together loving on our little baby girl and I wouldn't trade those days alone with her momma for anything in the world. She watched us bond and I watched her grow into mother. My niece will always be my Kid5's momma, she will always have been the only one who felt her kick and grow inside of her. She will also be the one special girl who gave ME a life to raise and adore. I will never be able to thank her enough for making ME a momma AGAIN!

I love you A.D.B.

Happy Birthday beautiful girl!

Love,
your baby momma ;)

No comments: