Wednesday, June 9, 2010

swimming party at Tia's with the big kids


Dear little girl,

Today you turned six and for the life of me all day long I couldn’t stop watching you. When I asked you if you thought you had gotten a little taller you laughed because you know you have! When I teased you about staying 5 you giggled and reassured me that God planned for you to grow up.

I loved this whole day, even the busyness of making cupcakes, wrapping presents, cleaning up messes and wondering all day if you would love what we got for you! I didn’t mind the chaos or running to the store because I forgot candles. I felt like I was in a fog all day trying to shake it off but it doesn’t seem real that you could be six already.

Wasn’t it just yesterday that you were a teeny tiny baby settled into my arms sleeping and warm? Wasn’t it just yesterday that we we’re pushing you in a stroller picking up your pacifier for the 15th time? Wasn’t it just yesterday that we were tickled because of the way you smiled and giggled?

It doesn’t seem possible but it happened. Your sleeping now and here I am editing your SIX year old birthday pictures! I don’t know how the years slipped by little darling but I hope I don’t forget to keep a close eye on you this year so I don’t miss a single amazing moment of year six.

I love you goosey.

Mom

No comments: