Thursday, June 10, 2010

DRIVING Mr. and Miss Crazy


Half of my kids are driving and it’s scaring me to death! Mr. B., the dear, takes them driving as much as he can and I can’t even watch them back out of the driveway! I almost cry out in terror thinking of them on the road.

There are more issues than you think when it comes to your kids driving. People so easily say “let them go”, “they have to learn sometime”, “don’t be so overprotective”… etc.

I can barely stand the thought of something happening to them or to someone else because they are driving. How will your child feel if they hit someone? How will they ever get that image out of their minds?

Remember my nephew was hit by a car and killed and I feel sad for the young girl that hit him when I think of her. She was only 19, and I can’t imagine how she has been able to drive again or stop thinking about him laying there in front of her truck

When they drive away I can’t help but to think about someone hitting them, getting THAT call, finding out that they will never come home or they have hit someone else that will never go home.

I know, I know, I’m a worrywart! I don’t try to be, I wish I could be more carefree and like yeah, sure go ahead and drive, I’m not worried at all… instead I’m like a Chihuahua on crack and am wringing my sweaty paws when they get out on the open road!

I need a vacation!

No comments: