Tuesday, June 15, 2010

my favorite people


I have always been a Daddy's girl, I absolutely love my Dad, he's the greatest. There are a million memories I could share about my Dad but my favorite one is when we were moving across the country from Arkansas to Oregon I rode with my Dad in the U-haul. Im sure it comes as no surprise that I talked non stop and my mom seriously would have gone mad if she had to listen to me all the way across the country.

ANYWAY.... I thought I lost my doll somewhere on that trip and so I used the doll clothes I had brought for my doll and dressed his thermos up instead and used "her" as a baby doll. I loved it, I dressed "her" and fed "her" and wrapped "her" up, I had the time of a lifetime with the thermos. "She" was always warm and smelled like coffee!

(I was a weird and creative kid)

My Dad did the sweetest things for me growing up. When I was away at my Grandparents he always sent me letters about my dolls. he would say "your dollies really miss you", I loved to thin about my Dad talking to my dolls. When we travelled he would let me take whatever I wanted and I loved it!

I could tell my Dad anything growing up and I did. He listened to me chatter on and on during my lifetime, story after story and to this day I trust my dad more than anyone.

Just look at my little goosey loving up on my Daddy! Aren't they the cutest?

P.S. my real doll had fallen behind my seat and my dad found her when we got to Oregon.

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Awww, that pic is so sweet. :)