Thursday, October 22, 2009

water


Do you truly appreciate water? Do you know what a gift you have by being able to drink water?

I have thought about water so much lately. I filled a big glass of water and took a big drink and remembered that a few weeks ago I could not even drink one drink of water without throwing up.

For weeks I would have given anything to take a simple drink of water and feel it cool my body from the inside out. I would have given anything to be able to quench my thirst.

The problems I had with my lap band almost killed me literally. I was dehydrated and starving slowly to death. It was a miserable feeling to be so thirsty and not be able to drink a drop.

Today when I was gulping down a drink of refreshing water, I remembered those days not long ago and I thought of the little kids all over the world who don’t get to drink a nice cold glass of ice water anytime they want… Can you imagine?

There are ways to help give something as simple as water. Think about donating the gift of water this Holiday season.

It's so important, you can't imagine how horrible it is not to be able to drink. I can't imagine how these children feel every single day.
Here's a way to help if you'd like

No comments: