Monday, October 19, 2009

Grandma's chocolate pie and memories


"I made the most wonderful pie and I’m telling you it IS fool proof! I was a little nervous because we were having company and I wanted a diner type chocolate pie and I had never made this kind before. As I was searching the internet for pie recipes I found a perfect one and it’s going to be my go to chocolate pie from now on.

Besides being a gorgeous pie and scrumptious too it came from the most wonderful blog. I had read the Homesick Texan before but when my computer was rebuilt I lost my favorites, I lost her and didn’t even know it. When I ran across her site again I breathed a sigh of relief knowing that this home sick Texan had been missing from my life for months and we were once again reunited!

Her site is heartwarming; it makes you miss home, wherever “Home” may be. Her Grandmas hands made me long for my Grammie last night as I studied her Grandma’s pie recipe. Memories came flooding back of my own Grammie and time spent in her kitchen when I looked at that old recipe card. Do all Grandmas’ have recipe cards? Should I start using them and get a head start on being a Grandma? (Okay, that makes me nervous, never mind)… Her blog is kind, thought provoking and full of all things good."

1 comment:

wabisabigirl said...

Can you send me one? I love to eat pie and hate to make it. Thankfully my sister does it for me. It's the crust, which everyone says is so easy, but mine are never right!