Wednesday, October 7, 2009

VIOLA! lunch by Mom






The mini pizzas were fabulous! The kids loved them and they were really easy to make. I used my trusty Duggar roll recipe to make the dough. I changed their recipe up a little to make it a little healthier. I use organic wheat flour, add wheat germ and wheat gluten to it. But you can do it exactly like their recipe and you’ll love it I promise! They are divine. On a side note, don’t you find the Duggar’s lovely? I just adore them, 80's hair and all.

For the pizza’s I bought pizza sauce from the store- I often make it from scratch but this time I just bought it. I added a little sweet potato puree and white bean puree to it (seriously just buy the sneaky chef book) to add a little more protein and health to it- you can’t taste it I’m serious! I cut the rolls into circles and spread them out in the muffin cups and then I spooned a little sauce into the bottom, added 1 pepperoni and then a little cheese and another pepperoni and then baked them at 350 until golden brown. And VIOLA, they popped out beautiful little tiny pizzas! They were such cuties and yummy too!

I put them into zip lock bags into the fridge to be grabbed in the morning and dropped into the already prepared brown bags for lunch!

Lunch designed by MOM!
p.s. YES I am okay with my VERY old muffin tin... it has lovingly baked more muffins than I can count ...unless someone wants to donate a new one how about we just don't talk about it!

1 comment:

Brandi said...

You are killing me... every time I read your blog I am HUNGRY!!! Those look delish. :)