Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Warning- stupidity ahead


I voted last Thursday because I didn’t want to get stuck in line today. I was afraid that I would wait for 2 hours and then 20 people from the actual vote kid4 would have to potty or something and I would lose my place in line… so Mr. B. took the day off and we went to vote. That’s not the stupid part of the story though…

We waited for 1 hour and 45 minutes to vote- well worth it! We waited near interesting people and had good conversation. I enjoyed waiting. (Still not the stupid part)

We got up to the front and if you know me I get a little nervous about things like this- not the voting - here is what ran through my head the last minute before I was called in-

Will I know how to work the machine?
Will I fall and knock over my machine?
Will it even be a machine?
What if its paper and my pen doesn’t work?
Can you ask for help?
Are you aloud to talk in that LITTLE room?
What if I accidentally look over someone’s shoulder, will I get in trouble?
What if I get so nervous that I can’t see the ballot?
What if I get so nervous that I pass out?
What if I trip and knock someone else over? What if it’s a domino effect and the whole place folds like cards?
What if I start doing a nervous laugh? (if you have heard the ‘nervous laugh’ you know what I’m talking about!
What if I forget WHO I am voting for? (this does happen to me)

That’s just a few things that were running through my head as I showed my ID which I did drop, took the tag that had to run thru the machine and was pointed to “any one available”… which also made me nervous (don’t get me started). So I chose one, walked that direction and did not even trip! (woo hoo)

I swipe the little card and there it is- the electronic ballot-VIOLA…. I started checking names and trying to read VERY carefully.

**very important side note**
I am dyslexic

So I read the names and I’m not even blacking out- woo hoo! This is what I read-

· Obama/Biden
· McCain/Palin
· Independent Librarian

WHAT? WhyWHY…. Would I vote for a librarian who doesn’t even have a name? I have never heard of this. I stop to think a minute….. Obama….. McCain…. Librarian…..? This just doesn’t make sense? I can’t ask a question….How did I not hear about this….? This does not make sense……. Hmmmmm……????

WAIT a minute! HOLD ON HERE…..

Maybe I should re-read this….

Obama/Biden
McCain/Palin
Independent Libertarian

AAAAAHHHHHaaaaaaa!

So I check McCain/Palin (did you think I would vote for anyone else?) and then had to hold in the nervous laughter the rest of the time… I was dying laughing inside because I mean really? How stupid am I? If someone else spent a day inside my head they would either laugh or cry…. I try to laugh!

Happy voting day friends and I certainly hope you did NOT vote for the “independent Librarian”!

3 comments:

RazorFamilyFarms.com said...

I voted McCain, too!!!

Are we the only ones? We're watching the election stuff and they just announced that Obama won Ohio -- not good.

With fingers crossed,
Lacy

Ashley said...

Thank goodness McCain won our state- but I fear it won't matter!

holding my breath!

wabisabigirl said...

You're funny:) I actually get a little nervous too...like, will I remember how to do it from last time?? Yeah, McCain won KY too and I was proud of our state, but sad overall.