Monday, November 17, 2008

Broken Promises and skinned knees




My Sweet Kid3 takes Kid4 to the park every day. When he gets home from school she has her jeans on and is ready to head out. He is so sweet to take her and I’m not sure that every 12 year old would take a 4 year old to the park EVERY single day- but he does.

I love to watch them digging in the sand, swinging from the trees- just kidding- they swing on the swings! I love to watch them chase each other around and up and down the very big slide. It’s a fantastic feeling to see your kids happy with each other and having fun together.

Kid4 often comes home with funny stories about the park and the kids there. Yesterday she came inside for a minute and told me that “the new kids at the park are running away from home because their Mom LIED to them, she said they could have a pony but they DON’T have one! Little Bill wanted to run away and then he did not and he took a nap” I laughed because I saw that episode of Little Bill- we love Little Bill by the way and I also saw her listening intently to the “new kids” at the park and wondered what they were saying… now I know. Apparently their Mother is an Ogre… I mean who doesn’t let their kid have a pony? MEAN MEAN MEAN!

Kid3 and 4 headed out for a trip to the park this afternoon and she insisted on wearing a skirt so off they went. She was dancing around and running and they were chasing each other having the time of their lives. Kid3 came inside to go to the bathroom really quick and she stayed outside with our neighbor friend, I was also watching her from the window. All of a sudden the second I looked away I heard a big scream and being the overprotective parents of the baby that we are we all ran outside (All= me, Mr. B. and Kid2). She had fallen while our poor neighbor was walking her home and she was apparently stomping and telling him that she was “an adult” and “could stay at the park alone”… he was trying to coheres her home and she was not taking it well, slipped on the curb and fell on her knees!

Poor little girl, she has experienced running away, a lying Mom and skinned knees- does childhood get any better than this?

No comments: